*%

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Are you Reading Your Blogs with Foursquares?

In the last month or so (maybe more, it all tends to go by so fast these days), I have discovered Foursquares.  It is by far the best way I have found to read all my blogs and keep up with everyone. Yes, I do read them all, which is why I don't follow them all...but that's a different story.






This is what my screen looks like.  An assortment of blogs, each in their own square.  Click on one and you get all the posts within that blog.  And the best part...all the ones you haven't read are highlighted.  When you read them, they go dim.  Perfect.  

I use Google chrome and it is an easy extension through that.  I have no idea if it will work with other browsers.

Big plus: I read many blogs on my iphone and it syncs with my google reader, meaning it will dim those I have already read.

Big Minus (but not really):  There is this square in the middle called Top Picks.  I have no idea how it picked those, what it means and why numbers don't add up.  All  look at is individual blogs and if I have read this, then I'm good!

4 comments:

Rebecca Dot Com said...

happy friday follow! im your newest follower! i hope you have an excellent weekend! - and come follow me back!


lets keep in touch!

www.justcherishtoday.com

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about upgrading to Google Chrome. This may be a good reason to go ahead & do it.

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I love to just keep up with blogs via the side of my blog- I can see who has posted since the last time I was on- I do think the squares are cute though.

Erin said...

Oh that's really neat! I need to start using Chrome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails